Wood Creek venture fund to invest in 'alternatives to alternatives'
Fri Aug 19, 2005
A venture capital fund has recently been formed by Babson
Capital and Norfolk Management Group that will seed startup
hedge funds with unusual investment strategies.
"We won't have long/short equity or the typical mainstream
strategies," says John Hellerman, CEO of Norfolk and Wood Creek
Capital, the joint venture company created by Norfolk and
Babson. "These will be funds with hard to classify strategies -
things like hard...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager