Hedge fund industry favors Cox SEC appointment
Fri Jun 3, 2005
The appointment of Rep. Christopher Cox (R-Calif.) as the
next chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission has
drawn some enthusiasm from within the ranks of the hedge fund
community, which is awaiting the enactment of mandatory
registration early next year, and they are hopeful that Cox's
tenure will bring less new regulation.
Voices within the industry, such as the Washington
D.C.-based Managed Funds Association, have professed praise for
the outgoing SEC...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager