Law firm questions SEC's authority over hedge funds
Thu Sep 9, 2004
Law firm Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr claims that
the Securities and Exchange Commission does not have the
authority to require investment advisers with fewer than 15
clients to register with the Commission.
In a letter submitted to the SEC in response to the agency's
recently proposed rule to require hedge funds to register, the
law firm attacks the Commission's plan to "look through" funds
to count clients, one of the...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager