What are the rules when talking to the press?
Sun Jun 1, 2003
The reason that hedge funds often give for their failure to
build a constructive relationship with the press is that their
attorneys tell them that they cannot talk. But this is simply
an excuse to avoid media attention.
Attorneys agree that hedge funds can talk to the media about
most issues, including their business, markets and assets. The
only area where it starts to get tricky is when it comes to
talking about a specific fund that is open to investment, as
this might be construed...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager