The most frequently quoted 'media truths'
Sun Jun 1, 2003
1. Hedge Funds are Inherently Risky
The press likes to print the word "risky" immediately
preceding "hedge fund investments". And they are half right.
Hedge funds are aimed at sophisticated investors and typically
employ strategies that use complex trading techniques and
instruments that pose risks unfamiliar to the mutual fund
crowd. But, while mutual fund investors have been tabulating
double-digit losses over the last couple of years, hedge fund
investors have seen modest gains, begging the question:...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager