Shorts thrive as longs suffer a dismal April
Wed Jun 1, 2005
April's dismal equity markets had a predictable effect on
equity-focused hedge funds, with many long-biased funds posting
losses and short-sellers racking up big gains for the month.
The S&P 500 lost 2.01% in April; while most hedge fund
indices posted losses in the long/short category for April,
they still outperformed the broad market indices.
Some savvy investors were even able to squeeze gains out of
the month's brutal conditions. Steve Mandel's Lone
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager