Politics as usual, unless the unusual happens
Thu Jun 1, 2006
Does hedge fund registration matter? At presstime, opponents
were crossing their fingers that the D.C. Circuit Court of
Appeals would at any moment strike down the controversial U.S.
Securities and Exchange Commission rule requiring most hedge
funds to register.
The court heard arguments back in December and, according to
hedge fund attorneys, seemed receptive to the plaintiff's line
of reasoning. A ruling against the SEC on its mutual fund
governance rule by the same court only a few weeks earlier also
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager