Canyon tech expert plans launch
Thu Jun 1, 2006
Steve Bardack, a senior technology analyst at Canyon Capital
Advisors, has left the $8.1 billion Los Angeles hedge fund shop
to start his own fund. Beverly Hills-based Strata Capital
Management will launch a technology-oriented long/short equity
fund on August 1.
Strata plans to accept no more than $400 million at launch,
and it's already well on its way to raising that amount. The
firm has secured a strategic $50 million initial investment
from an unnamed billion-dollar hedge fund, and it...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager