Fairfax launches short-selling legal action
Fri Jul 28, 2006
In the latest lawsuit against hedge funds regarding their
short selling, Canadian insurance company Fairfax Financial
Holdings has brought a $5 billion action against several of the
world's most prominent hedge fund players. Fairfax is alleging
that the funds engaged in stock manipulation and the use of
dirty tricks to drive down the company's stock price.
Defendants include Copper River...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager