SEC files complaint against Chicago manager
Fri Feb 2, 2007
A Chicago hedge fund manager has been charged in a
fraudulent scheme to purchase variable annuity contracts with
the purpose of engaging in improper market timing.
John Fife, president of the now-defunct Clarion Management,
purchased annuity contracts from Lincoln National Life
Insurance through at least 17 accounts created with the purpose
of making more trades than the company normally allows,...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager