Argent launches credit ops fund, expands in MENA
Thu Mar 1, 2007
Argent Funds Group, the $1.6 billion hedge fund firm founded
by Bruce McMahan, is offering a high-yield credit opportunities
fund to outside investors and is planning to start an offshore
version within the next couple of months.
The undertaking follows Argent's shuttering last year of its
weak-performing Veritas High Yield Arbitrage Fund. The closure
contributed to a 35% drop in the firm's overall assets in 2006
from a high of $2.4 billion. (The decline was...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager