Lehman takes 20% stake in D. E. Shaw
Mon Mar 19, 2007
In the latest of a string of hedge fund stakes being bought
by investment banks, Lehman Brothers announced this week that
it has taken a 20% interest in the legendary D. E. Shaw group.
With $26.3 billion in assets as of January 1, the
quantitatively driven firm ranked fourth in the most recent
Absolute Return Billion Dollar Club.
The deal has to be the most expensive bank/hedge fund
combination to date. Based on valuations...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager