Tue May 29, 2007
By Michelle Celarier
Hedge funds are getting a lot of public attention these
days, in such disparate venues as a panel discussion in
downtown New York City and a televised Democratic presidential
candidates debate. The questions go like this: Are hedge funds
evil? (Answer: no.) Do hedge funds make America a better place?
Hedge funds apper to be reeling from all this unwanted
attention. Consider the fact that Oaktree Capital Management
recently decided to raise money via a private placement,
instead of following the path of Fortress Investment Group,
which offered shares to...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager