Bear Stearns steps in to avert meltdown of two hedge funds
Fri Jun 22, 2007
Bear Stearns, eager to avoid the dissolution of two big, but
struggling, hedge funds, has reportedly proposed a $3.2 billion
bailout that would keep the funds creditors from seizing
and selling assets.
The firm yesterday informed the funds lenders that it
would take over their loans. The bailout was proffered after
reports that at least three of the lenders had offered their
collateral for sale. Bear Stearns did not...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager