Regulators take on Amaranth and Hunter
Fri Jul 27, 2007
Amaranth Advisors and its former star energy trader Brian
Hunter were accused of manipulating energy prices in a civil
lawsuit brought by the Commodity Futures Trading
A day later the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission leveled
a $291 million fine against Amaranth, Hunter and former
Amaranth colleague Matthew Donohoe for manipulating the price
of a gas futures contract.
The CFTCs complaint, filed on...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager