Equities: Upended by volatility
Thu Sep 27, 2007
August was a tricky month for long/short equity managers.
Funds that were net long got hit when quantitative funds
deleveraged early in the month. Funds that cut leverage early
in August or ended the month net short missed out on the rally
that occurred after the Federal Reserve lowered its discount
borrowing rate for banks.
The S&P 500 ended the month up 1.3%, but not...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager