In “dramatic” times, it’s red ink for Ellington composite
Fri Sep 28, 2007
Even the most experienced mortgage traders had a tough time
making money this summer, as evidenced by recent results from
mortgage powerhouse Ellington Management Group. The composite
return for the firm, which was founded by star trader Michael
Vranos, declined by an estimated 2.38% in August (and -2.31%
for July) to put it at -0.51% for the year.
Ellington got hurt by long subprime bets, including an
unprofitable ABX index...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager