Hedge fund envy? No, just journalism
Tue Oct 30, 2007
By Michelle Celarier
Does the media have hedge fund envy? That's what a hedge
fund manager recently suggested to me as the reason for what he
perceives as all the negative stories in the press about hedge
funds. A bit myopic, his comment got me wondering whether hedge
funders really understand the media. True, the press can
simplify, exaggerate and downright get things wrong, especially
when the topic is something as arcane and opaque to most folks
as the hedge fund world.
But what the media wants is not much different...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager