Okumus funds hit by bad bets in retail, commercial services
Wed Jan 30, 2008
Losses in December topped off an extremely difficult year
for Ahmet Okumus' Okumus Capital. In part due to wrongsided
bets on retail and commercial services, the firm's equity
strategies ended the year in negative territory for the first
time since Okumus' founding in 1997.
The steep declines - including a loss of 26.32% for the
$465.7 million Okumus Opportunity strategy and...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager