Few prove immune to January market downturn
Fri Feb 1, 2008
After a relatively quiet end to 2007, as the
Absolute Return Composite Index finished up 0.42% for
December, markets took a turn for the worse in January and most
managers look to have been caught off guard.
In early January, Asian markets saw some of the biggest
loses since 9/11, amid fears of an imminent U.S. recession and
the impact on export-led Asia. This shock drop rippled through
Europe and the U.S as managers tried to get a grip of falling
prices and maintaining balances....
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager