Equities: Equity funds prepped for volatility
Mon Mar 31, 2008
February was another tough month for long/short equity
funds, but they seemed better prepared for market volatility
than in the previous month. As a group, equity funds made back
some of their January losses - and far outperformed the broader
equity markets. But they are still in the red for the year.
According to the Absolute Return U.S. Equity Index, U.S.
long/short equity funds gained 0.42% in February for a loss of
1.97% for the year. By comparison, the S&P...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager