California drops proposal to register hedge funds
Fri May 9, 2008
Californias Department of Corporations has withdrawn
its controversial proposal to require registration of hedge
funds with offices or clients in the state.
Introduced in September 2007, the proposal would have
re-imposed mandatory registration after the U.S. Securities and
Exchange Commissions attempt to do so was invalidated in
2006 by the so-called Goldstein decision, in which...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager