U.S. Marshals hunt for Bayou Group co-founder
Fri Jun 13, 2008
Bayou Group co-founder Samuel Israel is wanted by the
U.S. Marshals, who say the convicted fraudster should be
considered armed and dangerous. This Monday, Israel failed to
report to a Massachusetts federal prison to serve his 20-year
sentence for defrauding investors of $450 million in his Bayou
Group of hedge funds.
Authorities have since issued a warrant for his arrest, but
the question remains whether Israel is on the run or if the
prospect of a two-decade-long prison...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager