Handcuffs aside, it's not over yet
Wed Jul 30, 2008
By Michelle Celarier, editor
A year ago, as our July/August issue was going to press, two
hedge funds run by Bear Stearns were just starting to implode.
This past month, Bear fund managers Ralph Cioffi and Matthew
Tannin were taken away in handcuffs. If only locking someone up
would fix the global financial system.
While some hedge funds have been a source of calm and reason
during the past year's turmoil, there's been a day of reckoning
as well. Those hedge funds that viewed every asset class as a
potential carry trade are now in the soup.
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager