Drexel alums at Hegemony philosophize, then launch credit fund
Wed Jul 30, 2008
You'd expect some strong opinions from a former Drexel
banker who runs a firm named Hegemony Capital Management, and
Michael Lewitt delivers, issuing monthly rants on the state of
Wall Street and the U.S. economy. Lately, he has been pushing
for increased regulation of the hedge fund industry while
quoting everyone from Adam Smith to Karl Marx.
But even as Levitt says hedge funds are overleveraged and have
in past years charged awfully high fees just for riding a
rising market, Hegemony has started a...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager