In a tumultuous June, hedge funds beat broader market
Fri Jul 18, 2008
Hedge funds in June demonstrated their ability to protect
from the downside, albeit with wide dispersion as shown in the
monthly performance figures reported thus far. Commodity and
CTA firms did particularly well for the month, while distressed
and technology long/short equity funds both gave up gains.
Preliminary data indicate that the Absolute Return Composite
Index was up slightly in June, at 0.19%. That compares to an
8.6% decline in the Standard & Poors 500 Index and a
0.08% loss for the Lehman Aggregate Bond Index....
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager