Ospraie to shutter flagship, down 40% through August
Fri Sep 5, 2008
Dwight Anderson, considered one
of the smartest commodities traders of his generation, is
shutting down his flagship Ospraie Fund after losing about $1.4
billion – almost 40% for the year through August. It
is the second fund Anderson has shut down since going out on
his own with Ospraie in 2004.
In a September 2 letter to investors, Anderson said that
most of the losses –...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager