SEC extends ban on short sales, but end is in sight
Fri Oct 3, 2008
It is going to be a bit longer before hedge funds can short
financial stocks again.
The Securities and Exchange Commission yesterday extended
its temporary prohibition on the short sale of financial stocks
to the end of the day on Friday, October 17 – or three
days after Congress passes a financial rescue package. The ban
had been set to expire yesterday.
The regulator also said that it would require hedge funds to
report their short positions but in recognition of...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager