September proves worst month for hedge funds in decade
Fri Oct 10, 2008
Hedge funds in the United States lost more in September than
they have in any other monthly period for the past decade.
According to preliminary data, the Absolute Return
Composite Index lost 2.5%, nearly touching the worst month on
record: the 2.56% loss posted by hedge funds in August 1998,
during the Russian debt default and ensuing global crisis.
European and Asian funds fared even...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager