Lehman bankruptcy leads to market tizzy, while Pickens sues and firm sells R3 stake
Fri Oct 10, 2008
Banks, hedge funds and others foolish enough to have insured
the debt of now-bankrupt Lehman Brothers by selling credit
default swaps must now pay the piper. Today is the deadline for
these insurers to make whole the counterparties to those
transactions, and early results from an auction of the swaps
indicates the cost will be at least 90.25 cents on the dollar
for each bond insured.
The auction is expected to be one...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager