Parsing the predictions: Brother, spare a bil!
Thu Oct 30, 2008
By Michelle Celarier, editor
Pity poor Alan Greenspan. At 85 years old, he has been
faced with the uncomfortable realization that the philosophical
underpinnings of his entire career - the rational selfishness
promoted by his idol Ayn Rand - is false. Many of the delusions
of the past two-plus decades have been unmasked since the
financial world began imploding only a few weeks ago, putting
the entire planet at risk. But as difficult and painful as the
future may be for most of us, some of the gloom in hedge fund
circles seems unwarranted.
Star managers who are accustomed to...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager