Claren Road bucks trend, returns cash
Mon Dec 15, 2008
When investors began lining up to redeem capital from his
Claren Road Asset Management, Brian Riano offered an unusual
response: He agreed to give them their money.
Claren Road's action comes at a time when hedge funds are
increasingly raising gates and other roadblocks to investor
redemptions as the rush to pull money out gathers momentum.
While many of the funds facing redemption runs are posting
negative returns, Claren Road is in the black. "We have
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager