Time to 'pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off'
Mon Feb 2, 2009
By Michelle Celarier
Last month's inauguration of Barack Obama as president of
the United States apparently sent beams of hope everywhere in
the world except the financial markets. That day, the U.S.
stock markets also made history - falling more than ever before
on Inauguration Day. In contrast to those attending the
historic event, the markets chose fear over hope.
The specter of bank nationalizations notwithstanding, what
the markets seemed to miss was my favorite line from Obama's
speech - the one admonishing Americans to "pick ourselves up,
dust ourselves off." This...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager