Dispersion of returns highest in decade as volatility increases
Mon Feb 2, 2009
In addition to being hedge funds' worst year ever, 2008 also
turned out the most dispersed returns of any year since 1999.
An analysis of monthly hedge fund returns in the Absolute
Return database shows that outliers - funds with returns higher
or lower than one standard deviation of the mean - declined
steadily from 1999 to 2004. In 2005, dispersion of returns
began to widen and last year blew back out...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager