Desperate funds warm to managed accounts.
Sun Mar 2, 2008
So desperate are fund managers for financing these days that
many of them have begun to do something they previously found
unthinkable - cater to investors' demands for individually
managed accounts. As a result, a handful of fund-of-funds firms
have begun marketing funds of managed accounts.
"We're moving toward an era where funds of funds are setting
up funds for investors that are in ten different managers
purely through managed accounts," says a fund manager for a New
York macro fund. "This is all a consequence of what happened
last year, and I think it will be the biggest thing
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager