Court decides in favour of Fairfield pension to recoup some Madoff money
Thu May 7, 2009
The town of Fairfield, Connecticut, is said to have
benefited from the lifting of an asset freeze on Bernard Madoff
family's assets and feeder funds, orchestrated in Connecticut
Superior Court in Bridgeport.
The decision makes the tiny pension fund the first investor
to receive pledges of cash or property. A court order is
understood to have secured $25 million on behalf of the town
pension fund, which had...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager