Will Visium's vision pay off?
Mon Jun 1, 2009
Founder Jacob Gottlieb expects Barack Obama's healthcare initiatives to provide plenty of profits for savvy investors like himself.
Founder Jacob Gottlieb expects Barack Obama's healthcare
initiatives to provide plenty of profits for savvy investors
By Irwin Speizer
When Barack Obama talks healthcare reform,
Jacob Gottlieb listens. Intently. Gottlieb manages Visium Asset
Management, a healthcare sector equity hedge fund firm, and he
can hear the ka-ching of cash dropping into his coffers as
Washington tries to extend health coverage to as many as 50
million additional Americans.
Obama's aim of expanding coverage while simultaneously
reining in healthcare price increases could create winners and
losers among providers of everything from pharmaceuticals to
medical devices, from hospitals to health maintenance
organizations (HMOs). To take advantage of the coming wave of
change, Gottlieb has set up what he calls a swat team of
analysts and traders within his firm who pore over every new
twist looking for investment opportunities - hopefully ones
others have missed.
"We are speaking with consultants, lobbyists,...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager