Why the hedge fund industry needs to clean out its closet
Mon Jun 22, 2009
Peter Fletcher shoots from the hip and has some tough things to say about the alternative investment business. Even if they find his message difficult, fund managers should take note...
Peter Fletcher has a very long association with the
Asia-Pacific. As managing director of family office Parly SA,
he has long played a role in the history and development of the
Asia-Pacific alternative investment industry, both hedge funds
and private equity. Included here is the fact that Parly has
played a significant 'seeding' role in the launch and
subsequent development of many of the region's quality
Fletcher has also been one to tell things as he sees them.
His interview here is no different. Even if many disagree with
his views on the present state of the industry and where it is
going, fund managers, especially, would do well to consider
what he has got to say here.
You have witnessed several economic cycles in the Asia-Pacific
over the years. What is your opinion of the region right
PF The region has always been important...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager