Funds to watch
Fri Jun 26, 2009
Absolute Return's annual survey profiles tomorrow's likely winners.
Absolute Return's annual survey profiles tomorrow's likely
By Josh Friedlander
year's crop of Funds to Watch have all proved the importance of
skepticism - be it about the credit boom, the rising stock
market or the U.S. dollar. More than a few of this year's picks
netted gains in 2008 - a rare achievement - but for some those
gains were not achieved without suffering. Both Anna
Nikolayevsky of Axel Capital Management and Ray Bakhramov of
Forum Asset Management underperformed relative to their peers
in earlier periods because they were defensive going into the
last gasp rally of 2006.
Some, including Oren Cohen and Douglas Lowey of Brownstone
Asset Management and Jeff Cutter of Echo Bridge Capital
Management, banged out consistent returns by trading their way
through up and down markets, never yielding to the ultimately
catastrophic temptations of leverage. Robert Treue of Barnegat
Fund Management avoided larding up on...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager