Offshore funds, investors face greater scrutiny
Fri Jun 26, 2009
The important offshore
domicile of the Cayman Islands is planning to disclose more
information about the thousands of hedge funds based there. At
the same time, the U.S. Internal Revenue Service has asked
hedge fund investors to disclose the assets they have invested
in offshore accounts.
The move comes after 2008’s catastrophic
financial meltdown, which has led investors to seek more
transparency from the hedge funds...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager