Ponzi scheme liability challenged in courts
Tue Sep 1, 2009
A recent appeals decision in New York
highlights the difficulty for investors taking legal action
against investment advisors recommending allocations to what
turn out to be Ponzi schemes.
The 14 July decision in the South Cherry Street LLC v.
Hennessee Group found that an investment advisor who recommends
investment in a fund that later turns out to be a Ponzi can not
be held liable for securities...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager