Hedge funds make broad-based gains in August as this year’s rebound continues
Thu Sep 10, 2009
All strategies tracked by the Absolute Return database gained in August
Hedge funds gained a median 1.03% in August, bringing the
year’s return a median 9.19%, according to
preliminary data from the Absolute Return Composite Index.
However, hedge funds lag the broader market indices for the
month and for the year, a result of hedging their positions.
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager