Brazil’s Bresser bounces back
Tue Oct 6, 2009
Bresser’s long-biased equity fund was up 80.15% in the first eight months of this year.
Bresser Asset Management, a Sao Paulo-based firm with over $100
million in hedge fund assets plus $45 million in managed
accounts and headed by Rodrigo Bresser-Pereira, is taking off
in Brazil’s hot market.
Rodrigo cut his teeth in asset management in the 1990s with
Banco Matrix, an investment banking boutique led by former
economics officials Luis Carlos Mendonça de Barros
(former Minister of Communications) and Andre Lara Resende (one
of the fathers of the Plano Cruzado and Real). Banco Matrix had
one of the most profitable treasury operations in Brazil during
the 1990s. At Banco Matrix, Rodrigo ran a portfolio that began
with $10 million and grew to $200...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager