'Multi-capable' LGT puts its focus on bespoke solutions for institutions
Fri Dec 4, 2009
LGT Capital Partners has come a long way since launching its first fund of hedge funds on the six Swiss Exchange in 1997
Constant evolution and a clear focus on meeting client
needs has been the engine of LGT Capital Partners' success -
propelling it to a business with $5 billion in assets under
management and global ambitions. By Claire Makin
LGT Capital Partners has come a long way since launching its
first fund of hedge funds on the six Swiss Exchange in 1997.
The firm has been fortunate, and far-sighted, enough to have
evolved into a specialist player as large, generic funds of
funds are finding it tougher to justify their approach.
Call it good business planning with a dose of opportunism, the
result is a $5 billion fund of hedge funds operation that
offers four distinct areas of expertise, plus a growing
business that provides customised portfolio solutions to the
firm's largely institutional client base.
Thomas Weber, head of hedge fund investment management at
LGT Capital Partners, calls this a...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager