NewAlpha scatters its seed widely ready for a rich harvest
Fri Dec 4, 2009
Antoine Rolland and Philippe Paquet are still vetting managers for their third-generation seeder fund, but already they are working on their fourth fund, Genesis 4
The duo behind NewAlpha Asset Management cannot seem to
roll out seeder funds fast enough as they try to keep pace with
the industry's demand for backing to exploit the market's
current crop of opportunities, By Claire Makin
Antoine Rolland and Philippe Paquet are still vetting
managers for their third-generation seeder fund, but already
they are working on their fourth fund, Genesis 4. They aim to
raise up to $300 million from investors by March 2010, and so
far have $75 million committed.
The pair are the driving force behind Paris-based NewAlpha
Asset Management, one of the largest hedge fund incubators.
Rolland is chief executive officer and Paquet is responsible
for business development. Since 2004, NewAlpha has invested a
total of $400 million with 12 managers.
Antoine Rolland and Philippe Paquet
One of its most successful seeds to date has been the Concerto
Credit Opportunity Fund, a Charlotte, North...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager