Franklin Templeton scion Charles Johnson launches equity fund
Tue Jan 12, 2010
Tano prefers to get its commodity exposure through equity stakes.
Tano Capital, the $250 million hedge fund and private equity
firm founded by Charles Johnson, former co-president of
Franklin Templeton Investments, has launched the Tano Global
Hard Assets Fund. The long/short strategy rolled out with $80
million on Jan. 4, director James Alexander told AIN.
The fund, managed by Johnson, primarily invests in U.S. hard
assets and commodity-related equity. "From a...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager