Ex-Merlin BioMed exec starts healthcare strat
Wed Jan 20, 2010
U.S. healthcare spending has increased from 4.5% of the GDP in 1950 to 16% in 2008, and yet infant mortality and life expectancy in the U.S. is still behind Western Europe, Japan, Australia and Canada.
Stuart Weisbrod, founder of the now-closed Merlin BioMed Group,
recently formed Iguana Healthcare Partners and launched a
long/short fund on Jan. 1.
Before founding Greenwich, Conn.-based Iguana in the fall of
2009, Weisbrod ran Merlin BioMed, a long/short
healthcare-oriented hedge fund he founded in 1998 and closed in
December 2007. He served as chief investment officer and the
firm’s funds achieved a net annualized return of
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager