Goldman takes GEO fund off life support
Wed Jan 20, 2010
Formerly at $7 billion, the fund had declined to around $200 million.
Less than three years after engineering a $3 billion emergency
bailout of its Goldman Sachs Global Equity Opportunities Fund,
Goldman Sachs Asset Management has shut it down.
Once a $7 billion fund, the quantitative equity vehicle had
declined to around $200 million under management since its
performance fell 30% during the massive quant meltdown of 2007.
After starting 2008 with a rebound, it ran up a modest loss in
Goldman shut down a related fund, Goldman Sachs North American
Equity Opportunities Fund, in late 2007, but it supported GEO,
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager