The Allocator: FRM's Patric de Gentile-Williams
Wed Jan 27, 2010
FRM plans to invest between $700 million and $1 billion, with an average allocation of around $50 million to each manager.
An interview with Patric de
Gentile-Williams, coo of FRM Capital
Patric de Gentile-Williams
Fund of hedge funds giant Financial Risk Management launched
its seeding platform, FRM Capital Advisors (FCA), in 2007. The
business is led from London by CEO Clive Peggram and COO Patric
de Gentile-Williams. The firm has made five seedings to date.
It invests globally and does not have a strategy focus, but
will avoid being overweight a particular strategy type.
FCA plans to invest between $700 million and $1 billion, with
an average allocation of around $50 million to each manager.
The seeder made its first investment in August 2008, when it
committed $60 million to Chicago asset-based-lending manager
Victory Park Capital. Subsequent deals have been made with loan
fund Beechbrook Capital, volatility-arbitrage firm JD Capital
Management, credit shop WestSpring Advisors and, most recently,
Asian equity manager Isometric Capital Management.
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager