Elizabethtown College picks Tiger seed to bet on higher interest rates
By Suzy Kenly Waite
Mon Feb 8, 2010
The Pennsylvania endowment bets on Emerging Sovereign Group's treasury opportunities strategy, which was up 109% last year.
Elizabethtown College is betting on the skill of a Julian
Robertson-seeded hedge fund, $1.2 billion Emerging Sovereign
Group, to profit from the ill fortune of the developed world.
The college’s endowment, managed by alumnus and
trustee James Hoover, has invested an undisclosed sum with ESG,
which was founded nine years ago by former Morgan Stanley
emerging markets traders Kevin Kenny, Mete Tuncel and Yoon
Chang. The firm was seeded by legendary Tiger Management
founder Robertson, who remains an investor.
Elizabethtown’s investment is in the
firm’s $400 million treasury opportunities...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager